We live in an amazing time! The amount of technology available to us today would have been unthinkable just ten years ago, and every day it seems like there’s more to come. These seven ways technology has improved our lives are just the tip of the iceberg; the possibilities are truly endless. Find out how the technology you already use has made your life better, and learn what the future technology might hold!
- Information at your fingertips
- Communication with people across the world
- How technology helps you manage your life
- Improve your health by using tech devices
- Can technology reduce the chances of being lonely?
- Do you think technology brings out social isolation among kids?
- What are ways technology makes us more productive?
1) Information at your fingertips
Our lives have become infinitely more convenient thanks to the modern technology we use every day. From using our phones to find out the answer to any question, purchasing the desired item with the tap of a finger, or traveling long distances with just a few swipes of a card, these are just some of the ways that technology has improved our lives in recent years. Take for example how many gadgets we all carry in our pockets – from fitness trackers that monitor how much distance you’ve walked or run to voice-enabled assistant apps like Siri and Google Voice. Where would we be without these helpful tools?
2) Communication with people across the world
With the invention of technology, we can now communicate with people across the world for free. With websites like Skype, we are able to talk to our family members on a regular basis and no longer have to rely on expensive long-distance phone calls. We can see these same people in real time as if they were in the room next door! This is invaluable to some people that are unable to travel due to illness or age.
3) How technology helps you manage your life
With advancements in the technology we use on a daily basis, not only has our personal life and experience been improved, but there have also been significant positive impacts in areas such as our education system. Here are seven ways technology has helped us out:
-With advanced search algorithms and keyword tools like Google, searching for information is easier than ever before. Whether you need help with research or just want to know more about a specific topic, now you don’t have to go to the library or trudge through stacks of books. With one quick online search, you’re able to find what you need right at your fingertips.
4) Improve your health by using tech devices
Fitness trackers like Fitbit, Garmin, and Apple Watch have changed the way we exercise. We can see how many steps we’ve taken, see our heartbeat and time elapsed during workouts, and keep our weight in check as well. In fact, these devices are so good at what they do that it’s been argued that gyms might become obsolete. What do you think?
5) Can technology reduce the chances of being lonely?
Millennials are lucky enough to grow up in a time where video games, smartphones, and social media have made them accustomed to feeling socially connected 24/7. So why should they feel lonely when these technologies exist? Simply put, technology can reduce the chances of being lonely by providing people with their desired level of social contact.
6) Do you think technology brings out social isolation among kids?
In the 1980s, few people used their phones for anything but calls. As time has gone on, we have seen the emergence of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Children, who are more socially inept and immature than adults, find these sites both comforting and addictive. The consequences of social isolation among children can be far-reaching because it’s beginning to happen earlier than ever before.
7) What are ways technology makes us more productive?
There are many benefits to be had from technology, especially in the workplace. Here are a few ways that you can use tech tools to become more productive and streamline your workflow:
- Use project management tools like Asana, Basecamp, Trello, or GanttProject to keep tabs on project timelines and due dates.
- Outsource projects using online collaboration services like oDesk or Elance if you don’t have time to take on all of the work yourself.
- Automate data entry with a tool like Zapier that integrates with Gmail and Google Docs.
- Send documents back and forth between team members through cloud storage services like Dropbox or Box so there’s no risk of losing files through email attachments.
Technology has forever changed the way we communicate, interact with people around the world, buy things and work. It has improved our lives in ways unimaginable decades ago. It’s hard to remember a time before smartphones and how life would have been without the internet. And now more than ever, with even greater technological advancements on the horizon, it is shaping who we are and what we do every day.