You’ve probably taken a screenshot on your phone before, but what about on your laptop? The process is a little different, but not difficult once you know how. In this post, we’ll show you 3 ways how to take a screenshot on laptop.
One of the best things about screenshots is that they’re a great way to capture and share snippets of information with others. Whether you’re trying to show someone how to do something or just want to save something funny or interesting for later, screenshots are a handy tool to have in your arsenal.
Plus, they’re really easy to take! In this post, we’ll show you three methods for capturing screenshots on your laptop: using the Print Screen key, using a screenshot tool, and using a keyboard shortcut.
Easy Ways How To Take a Screenshot On All Type Of Laptops
Taking a Screenshot on a Windows Laptop
There are a few ways to take a screenshot on a Windows laptop.
- Method 1: The first way is to use the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This copies an image of your entire screen to your clipboard. Next, open Microsoft Paint and paste the image by pressing Ctrl+V. You can then save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Method 2: Another way to take a screenshot is to use the Snipping Tool. This is a built-in screenshot tool that’s available on all versions of Windows. To open the Snipping Tool, type Snipping Tool in the search bar and press Enter. Then, select New and choose the type of screenshot you want to take. You can then save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
Taking a Screenshot on a Mac Laptop
When it comes to taking a screenshot on your Mac laptop, there are three easy ways to do it:
- Using keyboard shortcuts: This is probably the most common way to take a screenshot, and it’s super simple. Just hold down Command (⌘) and Shift, then press the number 3. Your laptop will take a picture of whatever’s on your screen and save it to your desktop.
- Using the Grab app: If you don’t want to use keyboard shortcuts, you can always use the Grab app. Just open up Launchpad and type “Grab” into the search bar. Then click on the Grab app to open it up. From there, you can select whether you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen, a window, or a selected area.
- Using Preview: Another way to take screenshots is by using Preview. This is a built-in app that comes with your Mac laptop. Just open up Preview and go to File > Take Screenshot. Then select whether you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen, a window, or a selected area.
Taking a Screenshot on a Chrome Laptop
There are a few different ways to take a screenshot on a laptop, but we’re going to focus on how to do it using a Chrome laptop.
- The first way is to use the Fn key and the PrtSc key. To do this, press and hold Fn, then press PrtSc. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
- The second way is to use the Windows key and the PrtSc key. To do this, press and hold Windows, then press PrtSc. The screenshot will be saved as a JPEG file in your Pictures folder.
- The third way is to use the Snipping Tool. To do this, open the Snipping Tool by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool. Click New, then select the area of the screen you want to capture. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
See Also: How To Choose A Laptop For Coding
How can you take a Screenshot on Laptop
Below are the ways that will help you how to take screenshot on laptop:
Open the Screen That You Want to Screenshot
When you want to take a screenshot on your laptop, the first thing you need to do is open the screen that you want to capture. Once you have the image in front of you, press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard.
If you’re using a Windows computer, the screenshot will automatically be saved to your clipboard. From there, you can paste it into a document or email.
If you’re using a Mac, the screenshot will be saved to your desktop.
Press the “PrtScn” Button on Your Keyboard. The Screen Will Dim for a Moment.
When you see the screen you want to take a screenshot of, press the “PrtScn” button on your keyboard. Your screen will dim for a moment, and you’ll hear a shutter sound (unless your laptop is muted).
The screenshot will be saved automatically to your clipboard, and you can paste it into any document or email.
Open the “Paint” Program.
First, let’s take a look at how to take a screenshot using the “Paint” program.
- Open the “Paint” program on your laptop.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “New.”
- Select the “Rectangular Selection” tool and draw a rectangle around the area you want to screenshot.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Save As.”
- Save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully taken a screenshot on your laptop.
Paste the Screenshot Into the “Paint” Program.
The easiest way to take a screenshot on your laptop is to use the “Paint” program. Here’s how you do it:
- Open “Paint” and paste the screenshot into the program.
- Save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Upload the image to your favorite image hosting site (e.g., Imgur, Flickr, etc.).
Save the Screenshot as a JPEG File.
When you’re ready to save your screenshot, just select “File” and then “Save As.” From there, navigate to the folder where you want to save the image and type in a filename.
It’s best to save your screenshots as JPEG files because this is the most common image format and it’ll be easy to share them with others.
Share the Screenshot With Others!
Now that you know how to take screenshots on your laptop, what are you going to do with them?
Well, one great use for screenshots is to share them with others. Maybe you want to show your friend what a website looks like, or maybe you captured a funny meme and want to share it with your friends on social media.
There are lots of ways to share screenshots. You can post them on social media, email them to friends, or even save them to your computer.
So go ahead and start capturing those screenshots—you never know when they might come in handy!
You have three different ways to take a screenshot on your laptop. No matter which way you choose, the steps are simple and easy to follow.
So, what are you waiting for? Start taking screenshots of your work, your projects, and your ideas!