SEO agencies are everywhere and if you want to boost your online profile, you are spoilt for choice when it comes to digital marketing agencies.
They all have similar content on their website and most promise to put your business at the top of the tree; so, we thought we’d help by pointing out some of the common mistakes business owners make when looking for an SEO agency.
Choosing an SEO Agency Wisely: Avoiding Common Pitfalls
- Failure to do some independent research – Probably the best advice we can give is to take all claims made by an SEO agency with a pinch of salt; do some independent searching with Google to find out what others are saying about the outfit.
- Failing to compare agencies – So, you got one proposal and you’re happy to go with that; this is never a good idea – talk to at least 3 agencies and compare proposals and costs. If you talk to a couple of smaller agencies, and then contact King Kong, who are Australia’s leading player in the SEO industry, you can make an informed decision.
- Insufficient budget – If you want the Earth but are only prepared to invest a tiny amount, something has to give. You only get what you pay for, after all! A good SEO agency would itemize their quote so you can see exactly where your money is going.
- Stopping the campaign too early – Some business owners panic when they don’t see reams of traffic on their landing page and they decide to stop the service prematurely. Nothing happens overnight in the SEO world; Google sends out a huge army of bots to update their index and until that happens, changes will not be recognized.
- Having no firm objectives – If you approach SEO without setting firm goals, your efforts are likely to be wasted. Indeed, a good SEO agency would sit down with the client and set realistic marketing goals, along with a timeline.
The SEO industry is performance-based and that means you should do your homework before making any decisions.
Take a look at the agency’s client list and read the testimonials from happy clients, which is a strong indication of what to expect.
The top Australian SEO agency is King Kong and they have the skills and the knowledge to put your business on the map.